The Origination Manager will be responsible for securing long-term off-take agreements for the company’s solar project portfolio. He or she will also gain significant exposure to project development activities and will be given the opportunity to join project-specific development teams in moving projects toward the construction phase. Candidate must have familiarity with the US Power markets and a passion for promoting Ranger Power’s mission to increase the proliferation of community-supported renewable power in the United States.
- Generate customized sales materials – coordinate internally with subject matter experts to assemble targeted proposals for bilateral discussions and responses to formal Requests for Proposal.
- Support contract negotiations – work with Origination leads to close multi-million dollar agreements with large utility and corporate customers.
- Competitive intelligence – Identify industry trends, develop actionable solutions, and report findings to developers and senior management.
- Legislative and regulatory research – stay appraised of significant activities that impact Ranger Power’s development portfolio at the local, state and federal level.
- New market entry – explore promising and unsaturated markets for solar projects, develop understanding of regional energy procurement dynamics, and engage potential off-take customers.
- Independently Develop Projects – Under the general direction of senior managers, but proactively and independently, drive all aspects of project development of solar projects.
- Reflect Well on Ranger Power – always deal with stakeholders, including landowners, government officials, contractors, and counter-parties, in a manner that is ethical, professional, and respectful.
- Outgoing, sales-oriented mentality with excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Experience managing outside consultants
- Understanding of the US Power markets, and the interplay between grid interconnection, land acquisition and permitting
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical problem-solving skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team and take the initiative to follow up as needed
- Willingness to travel; up to 60% domestic travel
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in solar industry a plus, but not required
Ranger Power is an equal opportunity employer.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please email a resume and cover letter including at least two references (with contact information) and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org